Monday 28 April 2014

Anita Newbury [Live Vampire: The Masquerade] : "The End"

[Josée's Note: This is the second of Anita's two stories (I did say she was shortlived), which is read as a series of her thoughts leading up to her final death.]

[At Elysium]
I hate being treated like I don't know how to do my job or like I'm not trying to do it hard enough. I work harder than some members of this fief - and I've always tried to make sure that any messes make are covered up at least enough to give the police something to work on that doesn't involve looking into the Masquerade. Yes I, like others, have screwed up - who hasn't? But at least I can say that I've tried to make amends.

But hey, if it needs to be proven, I'll go and investigate the Abudhemi situation. After all, no-one else seems to really care that he tried to attack one of our newest members. I could take O'Heath with me, but...something tells me that Stone might be more useful. Also, I'd rather not take O'Heath out into the open - our time for bargaining has now ended...and he is now at risk from the wolves. Stone will be fine, I trust in his ability. If he can't deal with the situation, I doubt anyone else could.


[On Union Street] 
Everything seems quiet here - nothing out of the ordinary. The new kindred is understandably nervy. All I can do is hope we can investigate and get out of here, without needing the gun Stone has given me...or at least that Fortescue will be able to give us early enough warning to get out of here unscathed. I don't know why I'm quite this nervous myself...if Dr. Winters can get away from Abudhemi on her own, then surely the three of us can do so even more easily.

Stone's just called through. This place is getting darker and more soundproof every second. Winters' nerves are clear...though I wish she'd told us about her escape before now. We have no real source of flame or fire here, unless we shoot with all we've got, and the sparks produced by the gunshots will be nothing compared to the response we'd gain if we were overheard. Just keep walking, Anita. Just keep walking.

Apparently shadows have ears...Stone's not their only target now. We need to run. NOW.

AGH! Damned heels! Stone and Winters look like they're almost out of harm's way...but it's getting darker. Something...something has my leg...No...No! I have to get out! I have to fight this thing; I can't let it...

The shadow...it's almost living...Where are Stone and Winters? Ic an't hear them, so I hope that means it hasn't managed to catch them too.

Everything is black...everything is shadow...every...oh...that...that
 sensation...it's so...exquisite. Just...like...my..embr...?

There's something...it's so wonderfully...something on my leg...such a glorious...but it's not like the...sensation...shadows. No, he can't have...come back for me?

It can only...that feeling, oh that feeling...Focus Anita,please focus...be...Stone. Then I'll be safe. He'll save me from this...I know he can. I trust his ability. I...
I can't...think...I...just...

I...

SORRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment